|UDC 339.9:339.166.5||DOI: https://doi.org/10.31617/zt.knute.2019(103)09|
Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor,
Associate Professor at the Department of Accounting and Taxation,
Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyoto str., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
Candidate of Economic Sciences, Junior Researcher of the Scientific-Research Division
of the Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyoto str., Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
GLOBAL MEASUREMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT
Background. The modern concept of the development of economy and society embodies the Fourth Industrial Revolution («Industry 4.0»), which is characterized by the transition from the usual automation of the production and use of information technology in production to the network of resources, information flows, objects and human.This increases the cost of research and innovation development processes that stimulate innovation in enterprises of all spheres and industries, promote the development of the intellectual property market, and increase the rates of export and import of royalties and other services related to the use of intellectual property.
Analysis of recent research and publications. Analyzing the work of scientists on the problems of the formation and development of intellectual property, it has been established that globalization factors have a significant impact on the dynamics and vector of processes associated with the development and use of objects, which is the result of creative activity. Problems of the formation and development of intellectual property in the context of globalization processes are investigated in the scientific works of such Ukrainian and foreign scientists as V. Heyets, O. Grytsenko, T. Deineka, M. Boyko, V. Budanov, R. Buritt, T. Kvasha, K. Christie, A. Mazaraki, T. Melnyk, S. Melnichenko, A. Ohrimenko, T. Pisarenko, I. Repina, O. Fomina.
Taking into account the constant transformation processes and the rapid development of the intellectual property sector, there is a need for constant research of the main tendencies of both world and domestic intellectual property markets, the place of indicators of global indices of Ukraine in the world rating, issues of financing innovative projects, capitalization of the results of intellectual activity in the intangible assets of enterprises, main indicators of commercialization of intellectual property objects.
The aim of the article is to study the main trends in the development of the intellectual property market in the global space.
Results. The analysis makes it possible to conclude that today the global trend is to increase the cost of research and development in order to create and further commercialization of scientific knowledge.There is an increase in not only absolute costs of research and development, but also relative, that is, their share in GDP.Based on the generalization and systematization of the results of the research of the Association «IT Ukraine» and the Office of Effective Regulation, the article concludes that Ukraine's information technology sector is the second largest export service sector, which accounts for 20 % of the total exports of services. There is a positive dynamics in the number of industrial designs, the volume of exports of knowledge-rich services and the growth of the number of international joint publications in Ukraine.
One of the ways to use intellectual property objects is licensing, which involves the full or partial transfer of property rights to intellectual property objects.The number of registered licensing agreements that make such relationships between business entities is also one of the indicators that reflects the situation on the intellectual property market.It was found that trade in intellectual property objects in the EU was resistant to economic crisis and showed growth.
Conclusion. The analysis makes it possible to conclude that Ukraine is actively integrating into the world intellectual property market.On the basis of the study of the peculiarities of the development of the field of intellectual property in our country, we can note a number of positive aspects in this area.These include, in particular, the growth of the indicator of the efficiency of higher education in Ukraine by the Bloomberg Innovation Index rating, raising the position of Ukraine on the criterion «Availability of scientists and engineers» in the Global Competitiveness Index, the positive dynamics of the number of industrial designs, the volume of exports of knowledgeable services and the growth of the number of international joint publications, increase in the number of trademark certificates issued to residents, increase of patent activity, and the Ukrainian sphere of information technologies demonstrates positive dynamics for many years.
Keywords: intellectual property, globalization, royalty, information technology.
- Buritt, R., & Christ, K. (2016). Industry 4.0 and environmental accounting: a new revolution? Asian Journal of Sustainability and Social Responsibility. (Vol.1), (pp. 23-38) [in English].
- Budanov, V. (2017). Industry 4.0: socio-economic junctures. Economic annals-XXI, 168, 33-37. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/ecchado_2017_168_8 [in English].
- Innovacijna Ukrai'na 2020: nacional'na dopovid' [Innovative Ukraine 2020: national report] (2015). V. M. Gejec' ta in. (Eds.). Kyi'v: NAN Ukrai'ny [in Ukrainian].
- Pysarenko, T. V., Kvasha, T. K. et al. (2018). Stan innovacijnoi' dijal'nosti ta dijal'nosti u sferi transferu tehnologij v Ukrai'ni u 2017 roci: analitychna dovidka [The state of innovation activities and activities in the field of technology transfer in Ukraine in 2017: analytical reference]. Kyi'v: UkrINTEI [in Ukrainian].
- Rjepina, I. M. (2018). Transformacijnyj analiz ta prognoz rozvytku innovacijnogo pidpryjemnyctva v Ukrai'na [Transformational analysis and forecast of the development of innovative entrepreneurship in Ukraine]. Ekonomika Ukrai'ny – Ukraine economy, 11-12 (684-685), 19-28 [in Ukrainian].
- Grycenko, O. A. (2018). Cyfrova ekonomika: suchasni vyklyky dlja ekonomistiv ta pravoznavciv [Digital Economics: contemporary challenges for economists and lawyers]. Ekonomichna teorija ta pravo – Economic theory and law, 2, 77-90 [in Ukrainian].
- Mazaraki, A., Bojko, M., & Ohrimenko, A. (2018). Forsajt rozvytku nacional'noi' turystychnoi' systemy [Foresight development of the national tourism system]. Visnyk Kyi'vs'kogo nacional'nogo torgovel'no-ekonomichnogo universytetu – Herald of the Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics, 3, 5-22 [in Ukrainian].
- Mel'nychenko, S. (2018). Rynok informacijnyh tehnologij: realii' Ukrai'ny [Information technology market: the realities of Ukraine]. Tovary i rynky – Goods and markets, 1, 5-15 [in Ukrainian].
- Dejneka, T. A. (2018). Social'no-ekonomichni superechnosti procesu globalizacii' suspil'stva (polityko-ekonomichnyj analiz) [Socio-economic contradictions in the process of globalization of society (political and economic analysis)]. Kyi'v: KNEU [in Ukrainian].
- Fomina, O. V. (2017). Konceptual'ni osnovy obliku venchurnoi' dijal'nosti [The conceptual basis of accounting for venture capital activities]. Investycii': praktyka ta dosvid – Investments: practice and experience, 24, 12-16 [in Ukrainian].
- Mel'nyk, T. M. (2018). Zovnishnja torgivlja poslugamy v konteksti postindustrial'nogo rozvytku Ukrai'ny [Foreign trade in services in the context of postindustrial development of Ukraine]. Ekonomika Ukrai'ny – Ukraine economy, 9, 26-36 [in Ukrainian].
- Doklad General'nogo direktora Assamblejam VOIS 2018 g. [Report by the General Director to the WIPO Assemblies]. Retrieved from https://www.wipo.int/publications/ru/details.jsp?id=4353 [in Russian].
- Rejting Innovation Index [Innovation Index Rating] (2015). Retrieved from http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-innovative-countries [in Russian].
- Zvit pro global'nu konkurentospromozhnist' [Global Competitiveness Report] (2016). Retrieved from http://reports.weforum.org/global-competitiveness-report-2015-2016 [in Ukrainian].
- The Global Competitiveness Report 2017-2018. Retrieved from http://www3.weforum.org/docs/GCR2017-2018/05FullReport/TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2017–2018.pdf [in English].
- European Innovation Scoreboard(2017). Retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/DocsRoom/documents/24829 [in English].
- Statystychna informacija «Vytraty na vykonannja naukovyh doslidzhen' i rozrobok za vydamy robit» Derzhavnoi' sluzhby statystyky Ukrai'ny [Statistical information «Costs for research and development by types of work» of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Science and Engineering Indicators(2014). Retrieved from http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind14 [in English].
- What the Top Innovators Get Right. With careful attention to six key areas, companies can make the most of their R&D investment and outpace the competition. The 2018 Global Innovation 1000 study (2018). Retrieved from https://www.strategy-business.com/feature/What-the-Top-Innovators-Get-Right?gko=e7cf9 [in English].
- Perspektyvy rynku venchurnyh i prjamyh investycij v Ukrai'ni [Prospects for the market of venture capital and direct investment in Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://www2.deloitte.com/ua/uk/pages/press-room/press-release/2018/prospects-of-venture-capital-and-direct-investment.html [in Ukrainian].
- Joint EPO-EUIPO study highlights economic benefits of IP for Europe. Retrieved from https://www.epo.org/news-issues/news/2016/20161025.html [in English].
- Naukova ta innovacijna dijal'nist' Ukrai'ny (2018) [Scientific and innovative activity of Ukraine]. Statystychnyj zbirnyk Derzhavnoi' sluzhby statystyky Ukrai'ny – Statistical collection of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/publnauka_u.htm [in Ukrainian].
- IT-sfera stala vtoroj v Ukraine po jeksportu uslug [The IT sphere became the second in Ukraine on export services]. (n.d.). news.finance.ua. Retrieved from https://news.finance.ua/ru/news/-/437600/it-sfera-stala-vtoroj-v-ukraine-po-eksportu-uslug [in Russian].
- Ukrai'na na pershomu misci v Jevropi z IT-autsorsyngu [Ukraine is on the first place in Europe with IT outsourcing]. (n.d.). eduget.com. Retrieved from https://www.eduget.com/news/ukraina_na_pershomu_misci_v_ievropi_z_it-autsorsingu-1345 [in Ukrainian].
- Thought Leadership, Research, Business Insights. Oficijnyj sajt kompanii' Cisco [Official site of the company Cisco]. (n.d.). cisco.com. Retrieved from https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/thought-leadership-business-insights.html [in English].
- What Tech Industry Analysts are Saying About Oracle. Oficijnyj sajt kompanii' Oracle [Oracle Official Site]. (n.d.). oracle.com. Retrieved from https://www.oracle.com/corporate/analystrelations/reports/#services [in English].
- Our Businesses. Oficijnyj sajt kompanii' Rakuten [The official website of Rakuten]. (n.d.). global.rakuten.com. Retrieved from https://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/company [in English].
- Sfera biznesu. Oficijnyj sajt grupy kompanij Samsung Group [The field of business. Official website of the group of companies Samsung Group]. (n.d.). samsung.com.ua. Retrieved from https://www.samsung.com.ua/aboutsamsung/business-area/consumer-electronics [in English].