|UDC 338.483.1||DOI: https://doi.org/10.31617/zt.knute.2019(105)05|
Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor at the Department of Marketing, Innovation and Regional Development, Y. Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University
Kotsiubynsky str., 2, Chernivtsi, 58012, Ukraine
RESOURCE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPMENT OF TOURIST DESTINATIONS
Background. United Territorial Communities (UTCs) are ideally suited to the formation of tourist destinations, based on them, which can attract tourists and satisfy their diverse needs.
In order to form a tourist destination, it is necessary to have not only attractive natural recreational resources and prominent tourist attractions, but also an appropriate infrastructure. Therefore, determining the availability of tourist resources, establishing opportunities for the formation of tourist destinations of different types and highlighting the benefits for the formation of tourist destinations require relevant scientific research.
An analysis of recent studies and publications has revealed that the formation of UTCs in border areas and the development of tourist destinations, based on them, are poorly researched.
The aim of scientific research is to substantiate the possibilities of formation and development of tourist destinations on the basis of the united territorial communities and provide a new impetus to the development of tourism in the western Ukrainian cross-border areas.
Materials and methods. The information-methodological base of research is the scientific works of well-known scholars, the legislation of Ukraine, the data from regional state administrations, methodical manuals and Internet resources. For the accomplishment of the tasks and achievement of the research purpose, the methods of analysis and synthesis, systematization, observation and comparison are applied.
Results. The results of the analysis of the Ukrainian legislation testify that in making decisions on the voluntary association of territorial communities, the historical, natural, ethnic, cultural and other factors that influence the socio-economic development of UTC are taken into account. The processes of creation of UTCs in the western Ukrainian border areas are investigated and the available tourist resources have been identified, which helped to establish the possibilities of forming various types of tourist destinations and highlighting the advantages of UTC.
Examples of the most well-known UTCs are presented, where various types of tourist destinations are successfully created and operated. The classification of tourist destinations is proposed, depending on available tourist resources in the community. The factors of influence and possibilities of forming tourist destinations on the basis of united territorial communities and their effective functioning are specified.
Conclusion. When forming tourist destinations it is necessary to take into account that the destination serves as a geographical space, is the purpose of a tourist visit, a set of services integrated into a tourist product, is the subject of competition and the object of entrepreneurship.
The formation and development of tourist destinations for UTC is income to local budgets, creation of new vacancies, development of special and general infrastructure and further socio-economic development of the territory.
- Kiselʹova, I. А., & Tramova, A. М. (2016). Ahrarnyy turyzm yak odyn iz vydiv innovatsiynykh turystychnykh posluh [Agrarian tourism as one of the types of innovative tourist services]. Aékonomyka: ékonomyka y selʹskoe khozyaystvo – Aeconomics: Economics and Agriculture, 4 (12), 12 [in Ukrainian].
- Mazaraki, A. A., Tkachenko, T. I., Melʹnychenko, S. V. et. al. (2013). Turystsʹki destynatsiyi (teoriya, upravlinnya, brendynh) [Tourist Destinations (theory, management, branding). A. A. Mazaraki (Ed.). Kyiv: Kyiv. nats. torh.-ekon. un-t [in Ukrainian].
- Tkachenko, T. I., Melʹnychenko, S. V., & Boykotain, M. H. (2010). Stratehichnyy rozvytok turystychnoho biznesu [Strategic development of tourism business]. A. A. Mazaraki (Ed.). Kyiv: Kyiv. nats torh.-ekon. un-t [in Ukrainian].
- Lyubitseva, O. O., & Tretʹyakov, O. V. (2012). Typizatsiya destynatsiy [Typization of Destinations]. Heohrafiya ta turyzm – Geography and Tourism: zb. nauk. pr. Kyiv, 17, 3-9 [in Ukrainian].
- Korzh, N. V., & Basyuk, D. I. (2017). Upravlinnya turystychnymy destynatsiyamy [Management of tourist destinations]. Vinnytsya: PP «TD Edelʹveys i K» [in Ukrainian].
- Holovchan, A. I. (2010). Doslidzhennya efektyvnosti suchasnoyi systemy turystychnykh destynatsiy v Ukrayini [Research of the efficiency of the modern system of tourist destinations in Ukraine]. Visnyk Kharkiv. nat. un-tu im. V. N. Karazina – The Journal of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, 911, 188-194. Seriya: Ekonomichna [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrayiny (2015) «Pro dobrovilʹne obʺyednannya terytorialʹnykh hromad» [Law of Ukraine «On Voluntary Association of Territorial Communities»]. Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady – Information from the Verkhovna Rada, 13, st. 91 [in Ukrainian].
- Tkachenko, T. I. (2006). Stalyy rozvytok turyzmu: teoriya, metodolohiya, realiyibiznesu [Sustainable Tourism Development: Theory, Methodology, Business Realities]. Kyev [in Ukrainian].
- Myklashchuk Ihor. Peredaly na mistsya? Try problemy z zemleyu dlya OTH [Transmitted to places? Three land problems for OTG]. www.epravda.com.ua. Retrieved from https://www.epravda.com.ua/columns/2019/04/12/646954 [in Ukrainian].
- Kyfyak, V. F. (2013). Rozvytok medychnoho turyzmu v rehionakh Ukrayiny [Development of medical tourismin the regions of Ukraine]. Visnyk Universytetu bankivsʹkoyi spravyNatsionalʹnoho banku Ukrayiny – Bulletin of the Banking University of the National Bank of Ukraine, 1 (16), 30-33 [in Ukrainian].
- Hirsʹki hromady Lʹvivshchyny ta Ivano-Frankivshchyny stvoryuyutʹ turystychnyy subrehion [Mountain communities of Lviv region and Ivano-Frankivsk region create atourist subregion]. Retrieved from https://decentralization.gov.ua/news/10304 [in Ukrainian].
- Metodychnyy posibnyk dlya vlasnykiv sadyb silʹsʹkoho, ekolohichnoho (zelenoho) turyzmu [Methodical manual for owners of rural, ecological (green) tourism farmsteads] (2017). Chernivtsi [in Ukrainian].
- Turysty na seli: prykhovani mozhlyvosti Ukrayiny [Tourists in the country side: the hidden possibilities of Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://www.radiosvoboda.org/a/svoboda-v-detalyah/29374595.html [in Ukrainian].
- Aeroport «Lʹviv»u 2018 rotsi zbilʹshyv pasazhyropotik na 48 %, do 1.6 milʹyona osib [The airport «Lviv»in 2018 increased passenger traffic by 48 %, to 1.6 million people]. Retrieved from https://www.unian.ua/tourism/news/10397124-aeroport-lviv-u-2018-roci-zbilshiv-pasazhiropotik-na-48-do-1-6-milyona-osib.html [in Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrayiny (2018) «Pro vnesennya zmin do Podatkovoho kodeksu Ukrayiny ta deyakykh inshykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrayiny shchodo pokrashchennya administruvannya ta perehlyadu stavok okremykh podatkiv i zboriv» [The Law of Ukraine «On Amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine and Certain Other Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Improving the Administration and Revision of the Rates of Individual Taxes and Duties»]. VidomostiVerkhovnoyi Rady – Information from the Verkhovna Rada, 49, st. 399) [in Ukrainian].