Cite as APA style citation
Mozhaikina О., Kononets O. Mediacija v politychnyh konfliktah. Zovnishnja torgivlja: ekonomika, finansy, pravo. 2021. № 1. S. 63-70. Serija. Jurydychni nauky.
|UDC 347.965.42:327.5||DOI: https://doi.org/10.31617/zt.knute.2021(114)07|
Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor at the Department of International, Civil and Commercial Law, Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyotostr., Kyiv, 03912, Ukraine
Candidate of Juridical Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor at the Department of International, Civil and Commercial Law, Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
19, Kyotostr., Kyiv, 03912, Ukraine
MEDIATIONIN POLITICAL CONFLICTS
Background. Conflict is an essential element of social relationships. Along with the progress of the society, the number of conflicts and their varieties is increasing instead of decreasing. Regardless of the material component or relationships, the cost of unresolved conflicts is high.
Analysis of recent researches and publications. Currently, numerous researches are devoted to political conflicts and mediation. Despite the close attention of scholars to this problem, the specific of the mediation used in political conflicts is left out of consideration.
The aim is the definition of the role and opportunities of mediation in resolving political conflicts. This aim requires for research based on the analysis of scientific doctrines in political science, sociology and law, as well as the analysis of Ukrainian legislation and relevant mediation practices used in political conflicts.
Materials and methods. The research process involves a set of modern scientific methods of understanding reality, combining general and special methods of cognition. Methods of analysis and synthesis, generalization, comparison allowed to obtain scientifically substantiated results.
Results. The study identified the features of political conflict, which include: numerous participants; publicity; and also, that the relationship of power and subordination is the basis.
The analysis of the categories "political conflict" and "mediation" allowed to identify a separate type of mediation - political mediation, which means a separate type of mediation with its acceptable features, principles and rules, aimed at resolving the political conflict between political actors and with the involvement of the third neutral party (mediator).
It was determined that the main principles on which mediation is based include: voluntariness, awareness, neutrality, impartiality and independence of the mediator, confidentiality, equal rights of participants, activity and self-determination of the parties (principle of personal responsibility) and structure.
Conclusion. A particularly dangerous social phenomenon is a political conflict, which as a result of its escalation can negatively affect not only its parties but also other individuals and/or groups, as well as affect economic, social and other spheres of life. One of the most effective ways to resolve a political conflict is mediation, which has its own characteristics and rules. At the same time, it should be noted that the specific features of political conflict must be taken into account by experts in the field of mediation.
Keywords: political conflict, actors in the political process, mediation, principles of mediation, mediator
- Poljans'ka, V. (2014). Mediacija politychnyh konfliktiv jak instrument garmonizacii' politychnyh vidnosyn [Mediation of political conflicts as a tool for harmonization of political relations]. Naukovi zapysky Instytutu politychnyh i etnosocial'nyh doslidzhen' im. I.F. Kurasa – Scientific notes of the I.F. Kuras Institute of Political and Ethno-social Studies, 4-5, 121-129 [in Ukrainian].
- Zhekalo, G. I. (2015). Pryroda ta sutnist' politychnogo konfliktu [The nature and essence of political conflict]. Grani – Grani, 3, 45-49 [in Ukrainian] https://doi.org/10.15421/1715057.
- Sahan', O. M., & Novikov, O. V. (2010). [Politychni konflikty v Ukrai'ni jak projav destrukcii' vlady [Political conflicts in Ukraine as a manifestation of the destruction of power]. Visnyk Nacional'noi' Jurydychnoi' akademii' imeni Jaroslava Mudrogo – Bulletin of the Yaroslav Mudryi National Law Academy, 3, 182-191 [in Ukrainian].
- Gryshova, I. Ju., Naumov O. B., & Davydjuk, O. O. (2016). Ekonomiko-politychni konflikty na suchasnomu etapi [Economic and political conflicts at the present stage]. Ukrai'ns'kyj zhurnal prykladnoi' ekonomiky – Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics, 2, (Vol. 1), (pp. 36-49) [in Ukrainian].
- Suraj, I., & Ljashhenko, O. (2018). Mediacijna rol' Prezydenta Ukrai'ny v umovah politychnoi' kryzy [ Mediation role of the President of Ukraine in the conditions of political crisis]. Publichne upravlinnja ta publichna sluzhba v Ukrai'ni: stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku: materialy nauk.-prakt. konf. Public administration and public service in Ukraine: state and prospects of development: materials of scientific and pract. conf. (Kyi'v, 07-08 veresnja 2018 r.). Kyi'v: Lira-K, (pp. 441-444) [in Ukrainian].
- Mozhajkina, O. S. (2017). Ponjattja ta zmist osnovnyh pryncypiv mediacii' v cyvil'no-pravovyh vidnosynah [ The concept and content of the basic principles of mediation in civil law relations]. Aktual'ni problemy vitchyznjanoi' jurysprudencii' – Actual problems of domestic jurisprudence, 5, (55-58) [in Ukrainian].
- Pro mediaciju: Projekt Zakonu Ukrai'ny vid 19.05.2020 r. №3504. Verhovna Rada Ukrai'ny [About mediation: Draft Law of Ukraine dated 19.05.2020 №3504. Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=68877 (data zvernennja: 05.02.2021 r.) [in Ukrainian].
- Bilyk, T., Gavryljuk, R., Gorodys'kyj, I., Krestovs'ka, N., Romanadze, L. (et al.) (2019). Mediacija u profesijnij dijal'nosti jurysta [ Mediation in the professional activity of a lawyer]. Odesa: Ekologija [in Ukrainian].